
Hey everybody this is Shawn, and by everybody I mean the one guy who accidentally stumbled upon this blog not even knowing what a blog is. I was hesitant to write anything in here for two reasons the first being: If anybody cared what we are doing they would already know because we have cell phones and email. Vikki seems to think that with this blog, everybody will know what we are up to all at the same time without having to tell everybody individually on the phone and etc...I disagree. Everytime I call somebody and leave a message they call me back and I ask, "Did you get my message"? They then reply,"No, I just saw that you called and I called you back". Now, if I can't even rely on people to push the tiny icon on their cell phones that has a picture of a mail box on it that they set up to listen to their voicemail, then what makes me think that people will log onto the internet, type up the web address, set up an account to view blogs, and then sift through somebody else's boring day in lovely hard to read print. To me, that makes about as much sense as Ted Haggard and Mark Foley hating gays.
The second reason for not liking blogs is because it seems to be somewhat of a catch word in the same sense that I hate the terms,"Flip Flopping", "Cut and Run", and let's not forget an oldie but goodie,"Stay the Course" (depending on who you talk to,"Stay the Course" may have never even been said). As much as I am tired of hearing those words being thrown around, I can live with them. But if I hear another person say,"Getting Jiggy with It", I am going to punch them in their throat and I don't care what the consequences are just as long as I don't get into trouble, and nobody gets hurt.
If it seems like I am negative please forgive me. I just realized that I am living in Columbus Nebraska for over a year and I am "Security" guard at a meat processing plant. I am going to go suck my thumb and sit in the fetal position while telling myself that everything happens for a reason.
love,
Shawn G
No comments:
Post a Comment